Special Issue: How Stakeholders Are Working to Advance Health Equity
Laurie Zephyrin, MD, MPH, MBA
Senior Vice President
Advancing Health Equity
The Commonwealth Fund
New York, NY, USA
Claire-Cecile Pierre, MD
Associate Chief Medical Officer
Vice President of Community Health
Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Thanks to a generous grant from the Commonwealth Fund, Article Processing Charges (APCs) will be waived for all articles published in this special issue.
The Commonwealth Fund’s Advancing Health Equity (AHE) program and the Health Equity Journal Editors invite paper submissions focused on the topic of Health Equity in the US. Specifically, we invite the submission of content that covers the following areas:
- Changing Mindsets: Works that focus on 1) how Americans develop their views as it relates to healthcare and health equity and 2) existing strategies that can actively shift mindsets;
- Promoting Antiracism in Health Delivery Systems: Works that highlight ways that health systems are modifying their operations to focus on health equity;
- Promoting Antiracism in Health Policy: Works that support understanding 1) how current policies might be modified or built upon to advance health equity and 2) opportunities to develop new equity-centered policies.
The focus of this Special Collection is to highlight recent efforts that are leading to:
1) increased access to equitable care;
2) systems-level changes among provider organizations that are centering health equity; and
3) opportunities to modify and/or develop policies that will lead to advancement in health equity.
In addition to these topics, the Issue seeks to highlight health equity efforts that are also specific to perinatal healthcare, given the vast disparities in outcomes across races and ethnicities.