Special Issue on Multimedia Big Data Analytics for Engineering Education
Dr. Priyan Malarvizhi Kumar
Middlesex University, UK
Dr. Hari Mohan Pandey
Department of Computer Science
Edge Hill University, UK
Dr. Gautam Srivastava
Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics & Computer Science
Brandon University, Canada
Big data analytics based on multimedia has become one of the major technological contributors across many sectors. Engineering education is one such prominent sector where the learning path is quite vast for multimedia-based big data analytics and other innovative mainstream technologies related to it. Multimedia big data analytics can create an advanced academic platform between the faculty and students in terms of education. In Engineering education, the implementation of multimedia big data analytics can strengthen the sector by enhancing the teaching methods, mapping their concepts with various information, and creating a new learning experience that has never been seen before. Integration of multimedia and big data analytics together in engineering education can also change the teaching and learning process.
The evolution of Engineering education has seen massive changes in the past few years by innovative technological implementation in the digital space. In this multimedia era, Engineering education can have a very progressive future with the implementation of multimedia technologies with big data analytics. This emergence of multimedia big data may face many complications and challenges and also provide prospective opportunities in the development of applications related to engineering education.
This Big Data journal special issue on “Multimedia Big Data Analytics for Engineering Education” creates a platform for the researchers and academicians to anchor various opportunities and latent directions for the development and implementation of multimedia-based big data technology and analytics in education related to Engineering. This issue will also discuss the systematic lags and potential future research directions of multimedia big data-related technologies in Engineering education.
Scope and Topics
Possible topics may include but are not limited to:
- Building of Multimedia management system with the integration of Big Data Analytics
- Multimedia Data based Student-Centered Learning Environments
- Engaging Undergraduate Students in Multimedia Big data Analytics
- Multimedia Big Data Analytics for improved evaluation methodology
- The Need of Big data Analytic Virtual and Remote Labs in Engineering Education
- Active and Collaborative Multimedia big data learning
- Multimedia based big data tools for Engineering education
- Multimedia big data Analytics for distance and online learning for engineering
- Future of big data analytics in Basic Engineering Education
- Multimedia Big Data Analytics for Educational Research
- Impact of Multimedia data in dissemination of knowledge on learning and teaching
- Opportunities and challenges in adapting to new Multimedia Big Data Analytics outcomes
We also encourage submission of papers that have been published in conference proceedings, with the requirement that the authors have made significant extensions as compared to the already published version of the study.
Questions or pre-submission queries?
Please contact Guest Editor Dr. Priyan Malarvizhi Kumar at P.Malarvizhikumar@ieee.org