Special Issue: Drug Delivery Research
Aims & Scope
ASSAY and Drug Development Technologies provides access to novel techniques and robust tools that enable critical advances in early-stage screening. This research published in the Journal leads to important therapeutics and platforms for drug discovery and development. This reputable peer-reviewed journal features original papers application-oriented technology reviews, topical issues on novel and burgeoning areas of research, and reports in methodology and technology application.
ASSAY and Drug Development Technologies coverage includes:
- Assay design, target development, and high-throughput technologies
- Hit to Lead optimization and medicinal chemistry through preclinical candidate selection
- Lab automation, sample management, bioinformatics, data mining, virtual screening, and data analysis
- Approaches to assays configured for gene families, inherited, and infectious diseases
- Assays and strategies for adapting model organisms to drug discovery
- The use of stem cells as models of disease
- Translation of phenotypic outputs to target identification
- Exploration and mechanistic studies of the technical basis for assay and screening artifacts
The Journal also features a dedicated Drug Repurposing, Rescue, and Repositioning (DRRR) section. These special peer-reviewed collections of papers present techniques and tools for finding new uses for approved drugs – particularly for disorders where no animal model, physiologic abnormality, biochemical pathway, or molecular target has been identified.
This DRRR special section features original papers, application-oriented technology reviews, and reports in methodology and technology application to drug repurposing and redevelopment including:
- Designing assays and interpreting output to enable alternate drug target identification
- Pathway analysis and bioinformatics to identify and exploit drug promiscuity
- In silico technologies to identify alternate drug targets
- "Big Data" mining and side effect pattern analysis in clinical and healthcare repositories
ASSAY and Drug Development Technologies is under the editorial leadership of Editor-in-Chief Bruce J. Melancon, PhD, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine; and other leading investigators.The DRRR section is under the leadership of Hermann Mucke, PhD, of H. M. Pharma Consultancy. View the entire editorial board.
Journal Audience Includes: Drug discovery and assay development scientists, drug delivery and formulation specialists, molecular and behavioral pharmacologists, pharmaceutical and biotechnology researchers, and disease foundation advocates, among others.
- Biochemistry & Biophysics Citation Index®
- BIOSIS Previews
- Chemical Abstracts
- Biological Abstracts
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- EMBASE/Excerpta Medica
- ProQuest databases