Aims & Scope
ASSAY and Drug Development Technologies delivers access to the techniques and tools that enable new advances in early-stage screening, and lead to therapeutic compounds for drug discovery and development. This authoritative, rapidly peer-reviewed journal features original papers, application-oriented technology reviews, and reports in methodology and technology application.
ASSAY and Drug Development Technologies coverage includes:
- Assay design, target development, high-throughput technologies, and chemistry
- Lab automation, sample management, bioinformatics, data mining, virtual screening, and data analysis
- Approaches to assays configured for gene families, inherited, and infectious diseases
- Assays and strategies for adapting model organisms to drug discovery
- The use of stem cells as models of disease
- Translation of phenotypic outputs to target identification
- Exploration and mechanistic studies of the technical basis for assay and screening artifacts
The Journal also features a dedicated Drug Repurposing, Rescue, and Repositioning (DRRR) section in the journal. These special peer-reviewed collections of papers present techniques and tools for finding new uses for approved drugs – particularly for disorders where no animal model, physiologic abnormality, biochemical pathway, or molecular target has been identified.
This DRRR special section will feature original papers, application-oriented technology reviews, and reports in methodology and technology application to drug repurposing and redevelopment including:
- Designing assays and interpreting output to enable alternate drug target identification
- Pathway analysis and bioinformatics to identify and exploit drug promiscuity
- In silico technologies to identify alternate drug targets
- "Big Data" mining and side effect pattern analysis in clinical and healthcare repositories
ASSAY and Drug Development Technologies is under the editorial leadership of Editor-in-Chief Bruce Melancon, PhD, University of Notre Dame; and other leading investigators.The DRRR section is under the leadership of Hermann Mucke, PhD, of Hermann Mucke Pharma Consultancy e.U. View the entire editorial board.
Journal Audience Includes: Drug discovery and developmental scientists, pharmaceutical and biotechnology researchers, and disease foundation specialists, among others.
Science Citation Index Expanded;
Biochemistry & Biophysics Citation Index®;
Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition;