Aims & Scope
Astrobiology is the most-cited peer-reviewed journal dedicated to the understanding of life's origin, evolution, and distribution in the universe, with a focus on new findings and discoveries from interplanetary exploration and laboratory research.
Astrobiology coverage includes:
- Gravitational biology
- Life detection technology
- Planetary geoscience
- Planetary protection
- Prebiotic chemistry
- Space exploration technology
Astrobiology is under the editorial leadership of Editor-in-Chief Sherry L. Cady, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer, Environmental Molecular Sciences Laboratory, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, and other leading investigators. View the entire editorial board.
Audience: Microbiologists, chemists, geologists, life scientists, astronomers and astrophysicists, paleontologists, planetary scientists, among others.
- PubMed Central
- Current Contents®/Physical, Chemical & Earth Sciences
- Current Contents®/Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- Biological Abstracts
- BIOSIS Previews
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- EMBASE/Excerpta Medica
- Astrophysics Data System