Aims & Scope
Journal of Medicinal Food is the only peer-reviewed journal focusing exclusively on the medicinal value and biomedical effects of food materials. International in scope, the Journal advances the knowledge of the development of new foods and dietary supplements targeted at promoting health-span and the prevention and treatment of disease.
Journal of Medicinal Food primary areas of interest include:
- Effects of foods, bioactive food constituents and supplements on metabolic outcomes and disease risk, prevention and/or treatment
- Impact of food bioactives on aging, health-span and lifespan
- Modulation of nutrigenomic, metabolomic and other -omic-based indicators of disease outcome modification
- Safety & Toxicology of food bioactives and dietary supplements
The journal welcomes bioactive and supplement studies in validated model systems and/or clinical outcomes. Studies describing identification, purification or characterization of novel bioactives must be accompanied by demonstration of significant biological outcome in a relevant system (in vitro or in vivo are acceptable) to be considered for publication.
Journal of Medicinal Food is under the editorial leadership of Editors-in-Chief Michael Zemel, PhD, Professor Emeritus, The University of Tennessee, Chief Scientific Officer, NuSirt Biopharma in the US and Sunmin Park, PhD, Department of Food and Nutrition, Hoseo University, in Asia. The editorial board is comprised of leading investigators in the field from around the world. View the entire editorial board here.
Audience: Food scientists, food chemists, and biochemistry researchers, among others
- PubMed Central
- Web of Science: Science Citation Index® (SCI)
- Current Contents®/Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- Biological Abstracts
- BIOSIS Citation Index™
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Prous Science Integrity®
- International Pharmaceutical Abstracts
- EMBASE/Excerpta Medica
- CINAHL® database
- Chemical Abstracts
- ProQuest databases
- CAB Abstracts
- Global Health
- FSTA® (formerly Food Science and Technology Abstracts)
- AMED - Allied and Contemporary Medicine Database
The Official Journal of:
Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition
This journal was supported in part by the Korean Federation of Science and Technology Societies Grant funded by the Korean Government (Ministry of Education).