Follow us on Twitter! @PalliativeMed_j
Aims & Scope
Journal of Palliative Medicine is the premier peer-reviewed journal covering medical, psychosocial, policy, and legal issues in end-of-life care and relief of suffering for patients with intractable pain. The Journal presents essential information for professionals in hospice/palliative medicine, focusing on improving quality of life for patients and their families, and the latest developments in drug and non-drug treatments.
Journal of Palliative Medicine coverage includes:
- The latest medical advances in pain and symptom management
- Evidence-based protocols
- Model palliative care programs
- Clinical case reports
- Guidance for working with patients and their families
- Psychological and spiritual aspects of end-of-life care
- Roundtable discussions with leading experts in the field
Journal of Palliative Medicine is under the editorial leadership of Editor-in-Chief Charles F. von Gunten, MD, PhD, Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine, and other leading investigators. View the entire editorial board.
Audience: Physicians and pediatricians, pharmacists, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, social workers, psychologists, pain medicine specialists, and hospice and nursing home staff, among others.
- PubMed Central
- Current Contents®/Clinical Medicine
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- International Pharmaceutical Abstracts
- EMBASE/Excerpta Medica
- CINAHL® database
- British Nursing Index
- AMED - Allied and Contemporary Medicine Database
The Official Journal of:
Canadian Society of Palliative Care Physicians and Société canadienne des médecins de soins palliatifs
An Official Journal of: