Aims & Scope
Launching in 2018!
Systems Medicine publishes basic science, translational, and clinical research in the form of original research articles, comprehensive review articles, mini-reviews, rapid communications, brief reports, technology reports, hypothesis articles, perspectives, and letters to the editor. The Journal publishes under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 (CC BY) license to ensure broad dissemination and participation. All articles submitted to Systems Medicine are rapidly reviewed and published online within 4-5 weeks after acceptance. Systems Medicine is fully NIH-, HHMI- and Wellcome Trust compliant.
Systems Medicine coverage includes:
- Mechanism-based disease definitions, diagnostics and therapies
- Drug repurposing, proof-of-concept trials, confirmatory trials, pharmacoepidemiology
- Network medicine and network pharmacology
- Multiscale modeling and medical simulation
- Multiscale medical data science and computing
- Virtual patient repositories and data analytics platforms
- Big data analytics in precision medicine
- Clinical validation of systems medicine approaches (including quali-quantitative methods)
- Multiscale approaches, e.g. translational and qualitative research and psycho-sociological variables
- Implementing systemic management in medicine in organizations and integrated healthcare networks
- Educational and training articles in systems medicine methodologies for clinicians
Systems Medicine is under the editorial leadership of Co-Editors-in-Chief H.H.H.W. Schmidt, MD, PhD, PharmD, Professor of Pharmacology, Chairman Department of Pharmacology and Personalised Medicine, Maastricht University, and Jan Baumbach, PhD, Professor and Chairman of Experimental Bioinformatics, Technical University of Munich, Germany.
Audience: Biomedical researchers and cell biologists; multi-omics biotechnology researchers; precision medicine (nutrigenomics, pharmacogenomics) scientists; bioinformaticians and computational biologists; clinicians, medical doctors, nurses, healthcare professionals; industry scientists (pharma, diagnostics); regulatory, government and policymakers; scholars in global health, among others.
Benefits of publishing in the Journal include:
- High visibility, immediate and unrestricted online access to published articles
- Rigorous and rapid peer review
- Easy compliance with open access mandates
- Authors retain copyright
- Highly indexed – citation tracking and inclusion in bibliographic databases
- Targeted email marketing
Collaborative partners with the European Cooperation in Science and Technology (COST), Action CA15120 OpenMultiMed, Italian Association for Systems Medicine and Healthcare (ASSIMSS), and European Association for Systems Medicine (EASYM)