Explore our TOP-READ articles today!
Now Indexed in Web of Science
Aims & Scope
Transgender Health is the first peer-reviewed journal dedicated to addressing the healthcare needs of transgender individuals throughout their lifespan and identifying gaps in knowledge as well as priority areas where policy development and research are needed to achieve healthcare equity.
Transgender Health is the premier source for authoritative, multidisciplinary research, discussion, and debate on the healthcare needs of this patient population. All articles in Transgender Health are rapidly reviewed and published online within 4 weeks of acceptance.
Transgender Health coverage includes:
- Best practices, protocols, and guidelines to ensure optimal care
- Disparities in treatment and barriers to care
- Health services research
- Cultural competency
- Mental health and well-being
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Hormone therapy and surgery
Transgender Health is under the editorial leadership of Robert Garofalo, MD, MPH, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago and Professor in Pediatrics-Adolescent Medicine and Preventive Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, and other leading investigators.
Audience: Physicians and physician assistants of all disciplines; nurses and nurse practitioners; social workers and psychologists; and researchers in any relevant area of the health sciences including basic, translational, and clinical studies; among others.
- PubMed Central
- Web of Science: Social Sciences Citation Index™ (SSCI)
- Current Contents®/Clinical Medicine
- Current Contents®/Social & Behavioral Sciences
- EMBASE/Excerpta Medica
- ProQuest databases