The Partnership for Automation and Innovation in Healthcare (PATH) is a broad alliance of stakeholders working together to improve patient care, expand access and reduce healthcare costs through the use of automation, robotics, and artificial intelligence. These technologies have already transformed banking, aviation, and entertainment allowing each to grow, provide higher-quality products, lower costs and provide consumers greater choice. Faced with spiraling costs, increased demands and decreasing resources, healthcare desperately needs to catch up. But innovation alone does not equal adoption and use, especially in healthcare.
These new technologies must gain the support of a spectrum of decision makers -- healthcare providers, regulators, payers, and consumers. PATH is designed to move the field beyond research and innovation to reduce barriers, advance recognition and acceptance and lay out a pathway for their integration and use in the worldwide ecosystem of medicine.
The hype is there…
Artificial intelligence (AI) will be bigger than any industry that’s come before it.
- Bigger than the online search engine market…
- Bigger than smartphones…
- Bigger than e-commerce…
Still questions remain
- Is artificial intelligence, automation, robotics and sensors the future of healthcare or a passing fad?
- What exactly are they and how can real-world medicine use them?
- Will anyone pay for it? Will regulators approve them?
- Should I dive in, avoid the mess or just sit it out for a while?
- What are the advantages, and what are the dangers?
These are some of the questions that will be explored – and answered – at the First PATH Summit.