- GEN Supplement: Biobanking Integrity
- Download Now: Free eBook on Biopreservation Considerations for Regenerative Medicine GMP Manufacturing
Aims & Scope
Biopreservation and Biobanking is the first journal to provide a unifying forum for the peer-reviewed communication of recent advances in the emerging and evolving field of biospecimen procurement, processing, preservation and banking, distribution, and use. The Journal publishes a range of original articles focusing on current challenges and problems in biopreservation, and advances in methods to address these issues related to the processing of macromolecules, cells, and tissues for research.
In a new section dedicated to Emerging Markets and Technologies, the Journal highlights the emergence of new markets and technologies that are either adopting or disrupting the biobank framework as they imprint on society. The solutions presented here are anticipated to help drive innovation within the biobank community.
Biopreservation and Biobanking also explores the ethical, legal, and societal considerations surrounding biobanking and biorepository operation. Ideas and practical solutions relevant to improved quality, efficiency, and sustainability of repositories, and relating to their management, operation and oversight are discussed as well.
Biopreservation and Biobanking coverage includes:
- Systems preservation
- Preservation states
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms
- Preservation engineering-bioprocessing
- Stem cell biobanking
- Optimization protocols-biopackaging
- Biospecimen science
- Best practices for biobanking, including the collection, storage, distribution, and use of specimens and associated data
- Biobanking informatics systems
- Quality assurance and control/quality management for biobanking
- Governance, management, and oversight of biobanks/biorepository operations
- Biobank sustainability and biobank economics
- Natural systems models
- Ethical/legal/regulatory considerations/societal issues
Biopreservation and Biobanking is under the editorial leadership of Editor-in-Chief Jim Vaught, PhD; European Editor William Mathieson, PhD; Asian Editor Rongxing Gan, MD; and other leading investigators. View the entire editorial board.
Audience: Cell biologists, pathologists, tissue banks and biological preservation scientists, cancer researchers, among others
- PubMed Central
- Biotechnology Citation Index®
- Biological Abstracts
- BIOSIS Previews
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- EMBASE/Excerpta Medica
- ProQuest databases
- CAB Abstracts