Scientific Abstracts from The International Society for Biological and Environmental Repositories
Biopreservation and Biobanking is pleased to provide complimentary access to the scientific abstracts from The International Society for Biological and Environmental Repositories from its annual meeting "Come As You Are: Building Biobanking Bridges" taking place May 3–6 in Seattle, Washington; and virtually June 6–7, 2023.
Aims & Scope
Biopreservation and Biobanking is the first journal to provide a unifying forum for the peer-reviewed communication of recent advances in the emerging and evolving field of biospecimen procurement, processing, preservation and banking, distribution, and use. The Journal publishes a range of original articles focusing on current challenges and problems in biopreservation, and advances in methods to address these issues related to the processing of macromolecules, cells, and tissues for research.
In a new section dedicated to Emerging Markets and Technologies, the Journal highlights the emergence of new markets and technologies that are either adopting or disrupting the biobank framework as they imprint on society. The solutions presented here are anticipated to help drive innovation within the biobank community.
Biopreservation and Biobanking also explores the ethical, legal, and societal considerations surrounding biobanking and biorepository operation. Ideas and practical solutions relevant to improved quality, efficiency, and sustainability of repositories, and relating to their management, operation and oversight are discussed as well.
Biopreservation and Biobanking coverage includes:
- Systems preservation
- Preservation states
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms
- Preservation engineering-bioprocessing
- Stem cell biobanking
- Optimization protocols-biopackaging
- Biospecimen science
- Best practices for biobanking, including the collection, storage, distribution, and use of specimens and associated data
- Biobanking informatics systems
- Quality assurance and control/quality management for biobanking
- Governance, management, and oversight of biobanks/biorepository operations
- Biobank sustainability and biobank economics
- Natural systems models
- Ethical/legal/regulatory considerations/societal issues
Biopreservation and Biobanking is under the editorial leadership of Editor-in-Chief Marianna Bledsoe, MA; Deputy Editors Dayong Gao, PhD and Peter Watson, MB B. Chir FRCPC; European Editor William Mathieson, PhD; and Asian Editor Junmei Zhou, MD, PhD; and other leading investigators.
View the entire editorial board.
Audience: Cell biologists, pathologists, tissue banks and biological preservation scientists, cancer researchers, among others
- PubMed Central
- Web of Science: Science Citation Index Expanded™ (SCIE)
- Biotechnology Citation Index®
- Biological Abstracts
- BIOSIS Citation Index™
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- EMBASE/Excerpta Medica
- ProQuest databases
- CAB Abstracts
The Official Journal of:
The International Society for Biological and Environmental Repositories (ISBER)
ISBER members: Access the full text via the "Member Only" page.