In 2019 GEN debuts a stunning new redesign and format published monthly, providing you with a wealth of new original content covering advances, tools, pioneers, and ideas that are driving the industry
GEN eNewsletters deliver the latest news and information impacting biotechnology and the life sciences
Register for the next GEN Webinar
Hear from content experts on topics that matter to you
Aims & Scope
Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News (GEN) is the flagship publication of Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. Launched in 1980, GEN was the first publication in this field and remains the key driver in the explosion of the industry, paving the way for the development of new technologies and applications, investment growth, and career opportunities. With over 37 years of publishing experience, GEN maintains unrivaled integrity, influence, and expertise that plays a pivotal role in driving the productivity and growth of the industry.
GEN’s breadth of editorial coverage is unrivaled in the industry, providing exclusive coverage of the entire bioproduct lifecycle across five key pillars: Drug Discovery, Bioprocessing, OMICS, Translational Medicine, and Genome Editing.
In 2019 GEN Magazine debuts a stunning new redesign and format published monthly, providing you with a wealth of new original content developed to provide deeper coverage of the scientific and technological advances, tools, pioneers, and ideas that are driving the industry.
In addition to GEN’s core areas of editorial excellence, GEN Magazine now provides expanded coverage on:
- Genome Editing: The most exciting area in biomedical research today and the latest iteration of the core technology on which GEN was founded; the technological, economic, and societal issues surrounding Genome Editing, including CRISPR, is now a core area of focus for GEN.
- Original Reporting: The expansion of our staff to include new expert senior writers and editors provides end users with incisive, extensively researched reports on new science, thought-leader interviews, company profiles, and other forms of original reporting that can’t be found in any other resource.
- Supplements: Authoritative supplements coming in 2019 will focus on areas such as The Microbiome, Biobanking, Immunotherapy, Neuroscience, Economic Development, and Big Data/Informatics.
- Tech Trends: The demand from readers for information on new products and technology is high, and GEN will deliver increased coverage of the cutting-edge technology developments impacting the field.
- People Power: More interviews and profiles with the scientists, executives, and organizations around the world will provide a closer look at the movers and shakers shaping the future of biotech.
GEN is the only publication you need to keep up with today’s biggest biotech developments and prepare for the future of the field!
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- Biotechnology Citation Index®