Stay Informed with Telemedicine Webinars
- The Public Perception of Telemedicine and Barriers to Acceptance and Adherence
- Telemedicine 3.0, You are Doing a Physical Exam!Barriers & Opportunities in the Era of Direct to Consumer Telemedicine
- Barriers & Opportunities in the Era of Direct to Consumer Telemedicine
- Handling the COVID-19 Crisis: The Wake-Up Call to Revolutionize Telemedicine
- Protecting your Frontline Providers from Exposure to COVID-19, without Compromising Clinical Exam Quality
- Advancing Access: How Healthcare Organizations are Using Telehealth to Expand Mental Health Services
Read a new special collection: Coronavirus Highlights Urgent Need for Telehealth Alternatives
Download a free expert roundtable: Best Practices: Understanding New and Sustainable Approaches Integrated into Health Care Systems
Aims & Scope
Telemedicine and e-Health is the leading peer-reviewed journal for cutting-edge telemedicine applications for achieving optimal patient care and outcomes. It places special emphasis on the impact of telemedicine on the quality, cost effectiveness, and access to healthcare. Telemedicine applications play an increasingly important role in health care. They offer indispensable tools for home healthcare, remote patient monitoring, and disease management, not only for rural health and battlefield care, but also for nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and maritime and aviation settings.
Telemedicine and e-Health offers timely coverage of the advances in technology that offer practitioners, medical centers, and hospitals new and innovative options for managing patient care, electronic records, and medical billing.
Telemedicine and e-Health coverage includes:
- Clinical telemedicine practice
- Technical advances
- Medical connectivity
- Enabling technologies
- Health policy and regulation
- Biomedical and health services research
Telemedicine and e-Health is under the editorial leadership of Editor-in-Chief Charles R. Doarn, MBA, Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Cincinnati and Executive Editor Karen Rheuban, MD, FATA, University of Virginia; and other leading investigators. View the entire editorial board.
Audience: Remote patient monitoring professionals; biomedical informatics technologists; extreme, rural, and urban environment patient care specialists; and experts in telecommunications technology and R & D; among others.
- PubMed Central
- Current Contents®/Clinical Medicine
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- Science Citation Index®
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- EMBASE/Excerpta Medica
- ProQuest databases
- CAB Abstracts
- Global Health